The Busy Girl's Guide to Speed Cleaning and Organizing: Clean and Declutter Your Home in 30 Minutes (House Cleaning Secrets, Cleaning and Home Organization) - Elizabeth Bolling This was an overall waste of my time. The first thing and 1/4 of the book goes into how you need to deep and thoroughly clean your house, organize and purge unused items BEFORE even beginning to do this. Now if this took the time gone over how a busy person can do this efficiently with what little time they may have I would have been more impressed. This book has the approached that until you have enough time to do this you can't do the rest.
Then it give use 3-10 minutes a room where you quickly wipe down each room every day. The time frame to clean like that seem a little unreal for many people. If you are hussling to the point of breaking a sweat and are not interrupted and have a small home them MAYBE. Regardless there is no need to typically clean everything in each room everyday. I do not need to wipe down my nightstand every day! Not to mention a paper waste or every laundry (for those that use cleaning rags) to be done. Time frames are often not practical. I cannot vacuum, sweep and mop every room of my house in 7 minutes total. Nope, not happening.
Also the attitude that everyone, no matter how busy can easily spare 30 minutes a day. Um....no. If I work a 12 hour day, and sleep for 8 hours then I only have 4 hours left. In this 4 hours I need to commute to/from work, eat, wash, pay bills/run errands, spend time with my family, etc. Plus on those days, busting my butt trying to clean hard and fast is just not making the cut most days.
So overall, not practical. It doesn't really give you tips on how to do much. Just tells you start at one end of the house, making your way across. That is the only decent tip it give you, using bags to clean without much backtracking. There are many other better cleaning, organizing or time management books that could be much more helpful to the average, practical person. For those that HAVE to have a constantly clean house but are tight on time, this might help. Otherwise this book is more of a waste of time in my opinion.