The Scorch Trials - James Dashner

Wow...just wow...

This book left me both exhilarated and exhausted. Twist after twist, after twist! And they just kept on coming! If you are looking for a fast paced read that does not relent then this is it! However, if you have not read the first book you might want to stop reading this review and go read the first book of the series first. This will be here when you get back.

So this book picks up right where the first book ends. Thomas wakes up to screaming and terror and things change and are being flipped around on him every few minutes. Chaos reigns! Even my head was spinning trying to rationalize what is going on. They think they are rescued but the truth is anything but. If you thought they were lab rats in the Maze before, it only gets worse.

I really can't say much on the details without taking away from the suspense of it all. Everything changes here. Friends and enemies blur, the truth is unknown. All they know is that WICKED is not done with them. One part stuck with me through the entire book and that is when the boys are told to not trust what they see but to also not trust what the don't see. As a reader it had me second guessing a lot. Made for a very entertaining read.

What I didn't care for is I have no idea where the author is going with this. So many questions and NO answers. Just more questions. It worries me if the answer in the last book will suffice. Will in make sense. These trials are strange and don't seem to make sense for supposedly trying to save the world.So that concerns me all throughout the book. A large part of the story seemed to be created o a whim without flow. It makes me wonder if the writer had an endgame when writing this or just making it up as he went along. I guess I will find out in the third book.

For lots of action, adventure and some serious twists and mental roller coaster rides, check this out! I am very eager to read the third book right now!