Sh*t My Dad Says

Sh*t My Dad Says - Justin Halpern This was a very different read for me. Whit the title I was both curious and nervous. curious about what kind of dad this guys had and nervous because any title that starts with "Sh*t" is going to have some cursing and foul language in it. Boy, was I right. In fact I severely underestimated just how much there would be. I can go to a club for several days straight and not hear so much! So my swear word quota for the month has by far been met. And to make it worse, we don't even get the actual words filled out we get a whole lot of these *! That makes it worse!!! One the cover I get it but anyone reading this knows what you mean so just use what you mean and move on.

The humor was mostly dry and crass but had its amusing moments. I will admit it got a few chuckles or smirks from me while reading. his dad is one of those people you can't help but at least partially like. But be warned, he does speak his mind. No filter in language or if it might offend you. I actually found a lot of it refreshing. But other parts I wanted to smack something. Certain things just grated on me wrong.

So mixed thoughts on this one. It definitely requires a certain type of audience. I can think of some who would love this and others who would want to burn it. Bottom line, just be aware of what you are getting into. If you are having a rough day and language doesn't bother you, this can likely pull you right out of your funk.
2.5 stars