Ravine Volume 1 TP

Ravine Volume 1 TP - Stjepan Sejic First off, I would like to say that the artwork here is INCREDIBLE! I had more fun looking a the characters and dragons than I did reading the story.The story starts off where the king goes mad and is transformed into a monster, his daughter killed and her love as well. Jump up to an unknown time (which you later find out has been 200 years) to get into the new adventures. We have humans, dragons, mages and other race in this story. The dragons confused me. You have dragons, humans, human/dragons (which interchange with an ability called trueform) and another race that looks like a humanoid dragon. The trueform ability is not explained in the story properly and I had to wait until I was finished to see it explained it the glossary. I do like that characters chosen that are chosen as wanderers and how their glimlas' are the spirits of the two lovers the died. I also found a quote I really liked about oaths: "An oath unites people. It represents purpose, determination, and an unbreakable bond of unity." Just the way it was worded. Very nice.Otherwise the story was okay. A little jumpy and not easy to keep track of who is who and what side everyone is on. Yet the world itself is a neat creation filled with potential.I am glad there was a glossary and character index at the back. It helped to re-clarify a few gray areas of understanding.Also, there are some bonus stories about previous Wanderers, the various races and how the dragons came to the world and the first dragonriders. Very cool to read those. Added depth the the setting.Again, lots of praise for the beautiful artwork!!!Thank you to Diamond Book Distributors for giving me the chance to read and view this!