The Fastest Growing Religion on Earth: How Genealogy Captured the Brains and Imaginations of Americans - Doug Bremner First off I would like to thank Momma Says Read for providing the giveaway in which I won this. Second, Thanks to the author for offering his book as a prize. When I first got this book I was actually excited, hoping to learn more about genealogy. What I got was mostly a personal account of the authors personal history. While there were some interesting bits even in that, it was not what I was hoping for. Overall, the book is as vague as the summary. It touches a bit on how genealogy is so popular and obsessive by some, it compares to and seems cultish and religious. The book starts off about how Mormons collect records of birth, marriage, death, etc of every person they can. Then goes into mentioning his own experience a bit mentioning some sites he used. Then back to Mormons, then we jump into his personal conquest of his lineage. All in the same chapter! I would have felt much more at ease with it if the book was done differently. Maybe broken up the book, the first chapter or 2 about genealogy in general. The next several chapters can be his own experience then give websites, experts etc. It is so heavily mixed. One minute I feel like I am reading a memoir, the next a few paragraphs of an index. His experience isn't covered in order either. IT seems to work in flashbacks at times. So ultimately, very badly organized. It would have been better to either write this as a memoir or break it up into sections. Too much crossing over for me. If you want to read about the authors family history read this book. If you are looking to learn about genealogy and how to learn your own, this isn't very helpful.