The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure - William Goldman I hate to say this, but this book almost only got 2 stars from me. Nothing to do with the story concept. That I still love, but I hate how the author butchered it. To start, the first 40 plus pages in nothing but an introduction and the authors first chapter, which has to cover how he got into the story, how he liked sports, how he became an author, and movie writer..blah blah blah. Chapter one should not be your autobiography! So, 40 some odd pages later, I get to the bottom line. Mr Goldman did not like the original story, since it isn't a children's story, therefor he must eliminate a good chunk of the book. All this because his dad only told him about the exciting parts. Well, I hate to break it to the author but that is fairly common. Your Dad had to get you interested somehow. So fine, whatever, longest intro and nonfictional prologue ever. But then, a few pages into the actual story, I come across more author interjections that explain more of why he did not like what the author had to say and he didn't get where the author was going. For two pages, in the middle of the story, I had to read Mr Goldman's personal interjections. Well, this continues throughout the book. So basically, the author loved how his dad told a story, within a book, so he though he should take over the book, rewrite in, and slander the original author.So, enough ranting there. The actual storyline is fantastic, but I give that credit to the original writer, S Morgenstern. The back of the book sums it up perfectly "A tale of true love and high adventure, pirates, princesses, giants, miracles, fencing, and a frightening assortment of wild beasts." Honestly, skip this book to avoid the authors personal rant issues, and just want the move. You get the story, all the great lines, without all Mr Goldman's personal issues. OR try and find the original version and read it for yourself. Expect some history when you do, but remember the story is based on real events!Bottom line, love the story but really unhappy with the new author with how he handled this book.