The Lost Mind

The Lost Mind - Christopher Pike, D. Barbour Strange. I am not sure what to think of this one. It was not on of my favorite Christopher Pike books. That is for sure. It started of strong, but then took a sharp turn to TrippyLand.

Jenny wakes up with no memory of who or where she is. Her drivers license takes her home but nothing jogs her memory. Not her family, boyfriend, nothing. But she can't tell anyone this. Why? Because her earliest memory was of waking up next to a bloody knife and a dead girl.

Her personality in the book seems quite different than how she must have been prior. Based on her boyfriend and diary entries. I knew someone who had amnesia and the basic personalities were the same so this threw me. Then again, waking up next to a a bloody corpse might alter anyone.

Dreams start plaguing Jenny and that is when things get weird. For she is not herself in these dreams. from drugs, demons, and more this book takes some unexpected turns. I felt they were poorly explained.

I liked Jenny's character although how she handles things is worthy of a few headshakes. The writing makes for a fast paced read.