Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings

Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings - Helene Boudreau I had a great time with this. Jade is one fantastic girl and the humor portrayed in this book had me shaking with laughter at the time. If I were still 14 and knew Jade, she probably would have been one of my best friends growing up. She is just that kind of girl!

The book starts off with what would top any girl's list as one of the worst days Ever. i both laughed, was mortified and sympathetic toward Jade. Often all at once. From period disaster, to crush humiliation, all a girl needs is to sprout a fin to top off the day, right? Yep!

It is just Jade and her father and she is about to learn that, while her mother has passed away, she also passed along a genetic trait to Jade. She is a mermaid! And Jade is far from happy about it! One thing I do wish though, is to get a better feel for her crush and her father. the focus was very tunneled for the story.

This is just book one in the series and I am eager to see where it goes. Quirky, cute and full of fun, with just enough drama to set things in balance, I really enjoyed it. This book is aimed more a the younger side of the YA genre to middle grade. But even as an adult, I got a few kicks out of it. Medium paced story, with a few surprise twists and if you don't laugh at least once, get your sense of humor checked! :)