Oogy: The Dog Only a Family Could Love

Oogy: The Dog Only a Family Could Love - Larry Levin A tragic tale, but lacking in story depth. While the tale is toughing, so is so many stories of similiar rescue stories I can read on facebook or animal sites. If I am going to take the time to read a book, I want more depth to it. A personal touch, unique animal personality. And while I got glimpses of that I felt there was a lot missing.

The story focuses heavily on what happened to Oogy before beginning rescued, his surgeries, recovery and finally adapting into a new home. Mundane details about the treatment and care he gets is the strong focus of the book. And that is what I can find in any article, in shorter, simpler terms that still gets the same point across. We go see some of Oogy's personality shine through but I felt it was shadowed. I felt no personal love or memories about Oogy in this and that is crucial for a animal focused story like this. Make me fall in love with your dog so that he is second only to my own while i read it. This didn't even come close to that.

What I did like what you could tell Oogy had a strong will to live, make the best out of life and exceed the expectations of the humans around him. And he does! The relationship between Larry Levin and Oogy actually reminds me of my husband and our dog. very devoted to each other and when anything is wrong, everything is droped to be made right. I did not the story, i just don't care at all for the way it was shared. Less mundane details and more precious moments!