The Mystery of Smugglers Cove (The Mystery Series, #1)

The Mystery of Smugglers Cove (The Mystery Series, #1) - Paul Moxham A fun children's adventure. Perfect for 3rd-6th graders or adults who want to reminisce about the 'good ol' days.' Perfect for fans of Hardy Boys or anyone who the the movie "The Goonies." This was a lot of fun to read. I am so glad a grabbed this one! This is one of the best youth adventure books I have read in quite some time. The characters are very believable, each just coming into there own personalities. Each one reacts to situations as a child of there age likely would very believable for the most part. The cave scenes are intimidating in a good way. Lets just say I would hate to get lost there. Yet almost too unreal, a bit too over the top. This is a great, clean adventure. I think this would have worked wonders to encourage youth to get out more, away from the video games, tv, etc if this was set in modern time. But its not so I think younger children especially may have a harder time relating nowadays. Still, this book sets off the imagination.