Safe From The Past: A Story of Hope, Faith and Determination

Safe from the Past: A Story of Hope, Faith and Determination - Patricia Miller Mauro This was a great book to read. This story covers the college years of Patricia Miller Mauro as she struggles to make end meet, help her family and better her future. From a life of poverty to an abusive stepfather and drunken mother. Young Patti struggles to get through school and help her mother and younger sister. I loved the how the author describes the different situations she came across. They were very honestly portrayed. You can really get a good feel for what she went through. You can empathize with each struggle-emotionally, mentally and spiritually. From scrapping food from cafeteria leftovers, to praying for others compassion. Each trial has you yearning more and more for her success. This was a short read at only 138 pages but each chapter was filled with heart-felt moments. The writing was easy and enjoyable to follow. Once I got into the book, I could not put it down until I had finished.*Per FTC Guidelines-I received this book as a Free copy from the Goodreads First Reads. Thank you Patricia Miller Mauro for sharing your experiences and offering up a free copy of your book.